Tuesday 9 April 2013

Biiiig Apology and Everyday Makeup Look!


Bonjour! Aloha! Hello!
Deepest apologies for not posting in about 39867893 days (slight exaggeration...), but I have been very busy lately with school work and family life etc. Also, it was my birthday on Saturday, woooo!
So with all that going on I never got the chance to even log on to blogger, boo :(
But I am BACK. I thought I’d get back into the swing of this whole blogging malarkey with an everyday makeup look post, which shows you guys what makeup I wear on a day to day basis. Self explanatory, really.
So, here we goooooo! Below are all of the products I used:

  • Foundation - Max Factor Colour Adapt in 40 “Creamy Ivory”
  • Powder - Rimmel London Clear Complexion
  • Blush - Benefit Posie Tint
  • Eyeshadow - From a Twilight make-up box set I was given as a gift
  • Mascara - Benefit They’re Real!
  • Eye liner - L’Oreal Super Liner
  • Lip balm - Vaseline Cocoa Butter

***WARNING: MOST OF THESE PICTURES YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE CONTAIN VERY UNENTHUSIASTIC/BORED FACIAL EXPRESSIONS. I AM NOT THAT BORING IN REAL LIFE. I hope. ***

I started off with a lovely, pimply, shiny, bare face - sorry...


I didn’t use a primer (because I don’t have any at the moment) so I just whacked on the foundation. Wow, how elegant are my describing words? Haha.



I then evened up any discolouration with the powder.




 Once I was happy with the base of my makeup, I gradually added Posie Tint to my cheek bones and blended down towards the apples of my cheeks. I then gradually built up the severity of the pink on the apples of my cheeks.





Now for the eyes. I started off by covering my whole eyelid with the lightest colour of the pallet, a light champagne colour with a slight glitter in it. I then put the middle colour, a brown with a slight glitter, on the outer corner and crease of my eyelid and blended.





After all the blending and whatnot, I lined the top lash line of my eyelid with the L’Oreal liquid liner pen, then added a slight flick at the outer corner.









I then gave my eyelashes a good ol’ coat with Benefit’s They’re Real! mascara.





And last but not least, I put a little dab of cocoa butter vaseline on my lips for that little bit of shine!


And there we have it! My everyday makeup look. Although, for school I wouldn’t use any eyeshadow or wing the liner, or else I would get into a lot of trouble. Damn rules. Below you can see a very dramatic sideways-looking-down-at-nothing shot of the finished result, just because. :)



Thanks for reading and please leave any ideas or feedback you may have in the comments section below!

Love always,
Lucy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment